1. Home > 
  2. CSR Information > 
  3. Relationships with Our Stakeholders > 
  4. With Our Associates and Their Families > 
  5. Nurturing Human Resources Capable of Strengthening the Frontlines

With Our Associates and Their Families

Akebono is nurturing associates who bolster its production frontlines throughout the world and unique manufacturing capabilities.

Nurturing Human Resources Capable of Strengthening the Frontlines

Communicating Akebono’s Unique Manufacturing Capabilities

Ratio of Associates who Completed Training Courses

Akebono is working to nurture human resources capable of strengthening the frontlines by teaching associates the fundamental philosophy and principles of manufacturing at the Monozukuri Center, which was launched in 2011. Guided by the concept of “nurturing people who can think independently, analyze problems, propose solutions and drive change,” this training facility provides manufacturing training and education to any associate, anytime, in a short period. The Monozukuri Center has three functions: Monozukuri Dojo, which aims to provide associates with knowledge based on first-hand experience that they can take back to their respective production frontlines; Fundamental Skills Training School, which seeks to spread and instill optimal standard work procedures among associates; and Otehon Line (Ideal Line), which presents best practices for production processes. The training courses use educational materials prepared by the instructors themselves, thereby fulfilling a pivotal role in communicating Akebono’s unique manufacturing capabilities to associates. From fiscal 2015, Akebono has also been providing support for conducting training courses and opening Monozokuri Dojos at various production sites.

On a cumulative basis from the opening of the Monozukuri Center to the end of fiscal 2016, Akebono had opened 18 Monozukuri Dojos at production sites worldwide, and 6,916 associates had completed the training courses (with about 60% completing the training courses in Japan and the remaining 40% completing the training courses overseas). Of this total, 535 associates completed training courses in fiscal 2016. In terms of the composition of the training courses, Monozokuri Dojo accounted for 57% of the training courses, while Fundamental Skills Training School accounted for the remaining 43%.

Breakdown of associates who completed the Monozukuri Dojo and Fundamental Skills Training School training courses in fiscal 2016

Breakdown of associates who completed the Monozukuri Dojo
and Fundamental Skills Training School training courses in fiscal 2016

Regional breakdown of the number of associates who completed training courses in fiscal 2016

Regional breakdown of the number of associates who completed training courses in fiscal 2016

Composition of all associates who completed the training courses worldwide

Composition of all associates who completed the training courses worldwide

From fiscal 2017, Akebono has also been focusing on nurturing the trainers who will actually lead the training courses, in order to expand the reach of the training courses and education. Currently, 32 trainers are conducting training courses on a daily basis around the world.

Going forward, Akebono will undertake measures to implement its unique manufacturing capabilities at production sites according to local conditions and needs. Concurrently, Akebono will drive the evolution of its activities by nurturing trainers further and honing their abilities while continuously reviewing the Dojos and revising the training curriculum.

Presentation of Certification of Completion for Training Course at Akebono Brake Corporation (ABC)

Presentation of Certification of Completion for Training Course at Akebono Brake Corporation (ABC)

APS (Akebono Production System) Dojo training course

APS (Akebono Production System) Dojo training course

Quality Dojo training course at PT. Akebono Brake Astra Indonesia (AAIJ)

Quality Dojo training course at PT. Akebono Brake Astra Indonesia (AAIJ)

Maintenance Dojo

Maintenance Dojo