Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection
In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations on Personal Information and applicable provisions set forth by the Company, the Company ensures that all of its employees are well informed of the following to properly handle Personal Information:
1. Proper collection and use of Personal Information
The Company collects and uses Personal Information only within the scope necessary toachieve the purpose for which it uses the Personal Information, which will be explicitly notified or disclosed.
2. Proper disclosure of Personal Information
The Personal Information the Company collects will not be disclosed to third parties, except in any of the following cases:
- where consent of the concerned customer has been obtained in advance;
- where the Personal Information is to be disclosed in such a manner as set forth in Section 23.2 (opt out) or 23.3 (common use) of the Act; or
- where the Personal Information is to be disclosed as required under the provisions of the relevant laws and regulations.
3. Proper entrustment of Personal Information
In entrusting a third party to use Personal Information, the Company first considers the appropriateness of such entrustment in view of what measures are taken by the third party for safety management of Personal Information. The Company then makes a non-disclosure agreement with the third party to disclose the Personal Information to conduct a proper supervision over the third party.
4. Measures for safety management of Personal Information
The Company is committed to establish internal rules and take safety measures to prevent and/or correct access to Personal Information in a dishonest manner, leakage of, loss of or damage to Personal Information in the possession of the Company.
5. mprovement measures
The Company is committed to keep pace with social changes surrounding the handling of Personal Information. It also continues its efforts to make improvements to this basic policy and other relevant provisions by way of change, correction and/or addition, etc., as appropriate.
6. Dealing with requests for disclosure, stop of use, etc.
If you suspect that the Company may not observe this basic policy or you wish your Personal Information to be disclosed, corrected, made any addition or deletion, not to be used any more, etc., please contact the following Company’s inquiry office. The Company will deal with your request(s) within a reasonable period of time and to an appropriate extent.
7. Dealing with complaints
The Company makes efforts to deal with complaints against its handling of Personal Information in an appropriate and prompt manner.
Handling of Customer’s Personal Information
- With the Act in force, the Company has been committed to the protection of Personal Information with full recognition of the importance of the Act. The Company declares to properly handle Personal Information which it receives from customers for the following purposes:
- (Purposes of use of Personal Information)
- Supply of products and services the Company deals in;
- Introduction of the Company’s business concerning products and services the Company deals in;
- Market research, improvements of quality and safety, study, development of the Company’s products and services, and review of proposals for improving customer satisfaction levels and questionnaire survey to be conducted thereofor;
- Implementation of necessary businesses for dealing with inquiries from customers promptly supplying services, etc.;
- Dealing with matters as required by law or in accordance with official notices and/or guidance from administrative authorities;
- Performance of contracts made between customers and the Company;
- Contact with customers for business talks or discussions;
- Sending of invitations for events;
- Providing various membership services;
- Disclosure of Personal Information to the Company’s affiliated companies where the Company will enter a joint venture with its affiliated companies;
- Preparation of emergency contact list in case of natural disasters and making emergency contact by such list;
- Disclosure of Personal Information to the Company’s subsidiaries, related companies, sales agents for dealing in the Company’s products or business partners, if it deems appropriate to inquire these entities in order to deal with various inquiries or document requests from customers. In such cases, the Company will disclose the address, telephone number and details of inquiries of the concerned customer, who has made the inquiries, to these entities via telephone, facsimile, e-mail or other electronic communications methods. If the Company’s inquiry office (below) is requested by a customer to stop disclosing his/her Personal Information to the entities, the Company will do so as requested.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose Personal Information the Company receives from customers to third parties without prior consent except in any of the following cases:
- where disclosure is required by the relevant laws and regulations
- where disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned customer;
- where disclosure is particularly necessary to promote public health or the welfare of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned customer;
- where disclosure is necessary to cooperate with the implementation by a governmental agency or public body, or a person authorized by the same, of its duties as provided by law, and there is a risk that the obtaining of the consent of the concerned customer would interfere with such implementation;
- where inquiries to the Company’s subsidiaries, related companies, sales agents for dealing in the Company’s products or business partners deem appropriate to deal with various inquiries or document requests from customers (see the above 12) of “Purposes of use of Personal Information”);
- where the Company entrusts a third party to handle Personal Information only within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which it uses the Personal Information
- where disclosure of Personal Information is followed by another entity’s succession of the business of the Company due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
- The Company may disclose its affiliated companies Personal Information of customers including the name, office and home addresses, phone numbers, facsimile numbers, e-mail addresses, etc, which are necessary for the Company to enter a joint venture with such affiliated companies. In such cases, the disclosure of Personal Information will be made via telephone, facsimile, e-mail or other electronic communications methods. If the Company’s inquiry office (below) is requested by the concerned customer to stop disclosing his/her Personal Information, the Company will do so as requested.
If you have any inquiries as to the handling of Personal Information, please contact the following Company’s inquiry office.